About the Conference
Functional programming (FP) has been a hot research topic for over three decades now. However, in the last five years, driven by the need to build massively concurrent systems and to handle big-data in smarter ways, diverse companies - ranging from tech start-ups to financial institutes - are rapidly adopting FP concepts.
Currently, FP is at the heart of every new generation programming technology. Companies are employing FP to actuate more effective, robust, and flexible software development. This has given birth to an extremely vibrant community of functional programmers, who are constantly exploring new and varied ways to bring in FP concepts to the enterprise software development world.
Functional Conf is designed to bring together the growing community of functional programmers under one roof.
In 2018, we plan to structure the conference as follows:
- Pre-Conference Paid Workshops - Full Day hands-on workshops by our international speakers to allow you to go deep into a specific topic. Each workshop is capped at around 20 participants.
FP Bootcamp: A full day program for Developers, who want to kick start their FP journey. Participants would be able to pick anyone from the following tracks and stick to it for the full day.
- Haskell Ecosystem
- Erlang Ecosystem
- JVM Ecosystem
- Apply FP: A full day program, with 3 parallel tracks for Developers, who understand the basics of FP, maybe even practice some FP at work. Helping them understand how they can apply even more FP concepts more at work.
- Mastering FP: A full day program, with 3 parallel tracks for Developers, who already apply a decent amount of FP concepts at work. Developers, who want to go deeper and maybe even become a contributor to a FP language or library.
- Post-Conference Paid Workshops - Full Day hands-on workshops by our international speakers to allow you to go deep into a specific topic. Each workshop is capped at around 20 participants.
At Functional Conf:
- Participants can understand the fundamental concepts of FP
- Participants can learn how others are leveraging FP to solve real world problems
- Experts can share their expertise on practical usages and gotchas in FP concepts
- Practitioners can meet peers and exchange real-world experience
We're a talented team of software experts, passionate about Erlang/OTP & Elixir and with an unwavering belief in the open-source future. We offer a wide range of products, on-site/remote consulting, support and mobile development to architecture/code reviews and training.
We employ over 100 specialists working out of our headquarters in London and our offices in Stockholm, Krakow, Budapest, Berlin, San Francisco, Seattle and Buenos Aires. We speak 15 languages (excluding dialects) at the last count; we are open and friendly and working together comes naturally and brings a multitude of rewards.
Dyalog is primarily a tool of thought, enabling subject matter experts to be key contributors in the software development process irrespective of whether they have experience within software development.
Dyalog is particularly well suited when tasks are of an analytical or mathematical nature. Through rapid prototyping of both simple and complex processes, users can create reliable, flexible and high performance solutions.
Today Dyalog is in daily use in many major corporations throughout the world.